luni, 20 octombrie 2008

Pentru inceput...The man, the myth the music

When you're far away from home, you sometimes need to do something to get your mind off the daily activities. Some people go to the swimming-pool, others find their happiness in surfing on the internet, and others relax by listening to their favourite songs. I'm part of the third category. Today, at least, I am... It's great, but sometimes painful to have favourite songs. It can bring you great and bitter memories back to your heart. Today I asked my friends what kind of music they liked. They all picked different music genres. There was just one man who said he liked quality music. And I thought he was right: does the style really matter, if the song sounds great to your ears?
Today I had a thought: what if music never existed? Wouldn't we be bound to live a dry existence? Wouldn't we be acting like robots? Is the sound of music capable of changing the way we perceive life? Do we like a certain music style because it is closer to what we felt and feel, closer to what we believe in or is the music style the product of what we felt and feel for ages? Three hours and dozens of music genres later, I reached a conclusion: If the man was first and then came the sound of music, if it's true that the first sounds of music came out of the first tools that man has ever used, then the man created the music (and not God's Angels) and then it's also right that what man felt with the passing of ages, centuries and decades turned later into music... I happen to know some of my friends' favourite songs and listening to them it's like you get to know them better. I once heard a song and I knew it was somebody's favourite, and I caught myself saying: "It's him!" That song is him!
Only that one thing keeps my mind in action: weren't the last 5-6 decades the time were the man no longer had THE influence on the music, but rather the music on the man? Somehow what men felt was less important. The importance was now drawn on the moves. And with the beggining of the 60's - on the fashion. Look how well every decade is shaped. The 70's with the long, flared trousers and that certain hairdo, with big loops of hair. Artists were just beggining to explore new sounds in music. Then came the 80's. Ravashing style, huge earings,vivid colours, smashing hairdos, and new sexy strong beats. Then the 90's....Oh, the 90's. There's really something special about that decade. I was in my early childhood when Ace of Base, Dr. Alban and La Bouche were everywhere, from MTV down to my The lyrics, the casual clothing, the new beats - absolutely everything about the 90's fascinated and continues to fascinate me. So I thought: after all isn't it all about the beautiful memories? Or about the hope that one single song can bring you and change your life for the better?
I couldn't help but wonder: aren't the man and the music living in an everlasting symbiosis?

Niciun comentariu: